With a diverse background in communications, education, community development, and urban planning, Owner/Director Darcy Kitching brings a wealth of knowledge and skills to the practice of documenting what people value about places and how places can function better for people. Together with project-specific partners, Darcy conducts qualitative research, writes and edits reports, and photographs built and natural environments important to people's sense of place.
Hire Places Make People to ...
- Photograph valued sites and surroundings for your neighborhood organization, homeowner's association, planning office, or downtown business association.
- Interview and collect stories from local residents - adults, children, or youth.
- Coordinate youth-led tours and "photovoice" workshops for young people in your community to document what they love about where they live and how places can function better for them.
- Write and/or edit documents and online text related to your community's values-based planning process.
- Help facilitate values-based planning processes, community story-gathering and asset-based community development projects.
Get in touch via the "contact" form on this site or by e-mail at darcy @ placesmakepeople.com to start a conversation about how we can help you and your community.